Influenster

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Poshmark, a new way to Thrift

I don't know if any of you have heard of Poshmark!? It's a web based shopping experience. It's very similar to Vinted, but just a little more sophisticated. They have what are called Posh parties! You can even follow different designer brands. People like me list like new or new items to sell at deeply discounted prices. I've really enjoyed my experience as a shopper and now as a seller. Below, I will be showing you how Poshmark works through the eyes of my own closet. You can log onto poshmark.com or dowoad the app. It is very user friendly! Here we go!

1. Welcome to my closet. This is where you list, and describe in detail the items you wish to see. A picture of the item is required. There are a few other required sections that just be filled out, such as item size, original price, and the price you will set for the item. The app is very easy to use, so just follow the prompts. This is a screenshot of my closet. You can see the number of listings have, the number of times my closet has been shared, and the number of my followers.
2. This is my profile, the about me section. Here you can see the different brands I have chosen to follow. There are many to choose from!
3. Now here is where all of the items I have liked are listed. This is a way to bookmark the seller so that it is easy to find items you have liked and may want to purchase later! 
4. These are the items are purchased. Here you will be able to find out if the seller has shipped your item. You can also get the tracking number when you click the links for each purchase.
5. This is where I can look at my sells and what I have sold to fellow Poshers.
6. And these are my closet statistics.. You can see the listings sold, the total amount in sales, and if you are a top rated seller. This is just for you to keep track of your information too!

Just with anything, there are pros and cons; however, I feel the pros outway the cons. Poshmark does take a commission on each sale. The amount is set based on the price of the item (the more expensive the listing, the higher the commission taken from the sale). I can live with that. Poshmark also has some ground rules and expectations for the seller. If you want to be a top seller, then you must follow the expectations. Some of these include no selling of used makeup, even if only swatches. Also, no selling of undergarments. There is also the no PayPal rule. There are sellers who are not in it to receive that special status, so they sell pretty much anything.

One thing as a buyer, shipping is $4.99. As a seller, the buyer pays the basic shipping of $4.99 for up to 5lbs, but if the weight exceeds that limit, the seller can upgrade the shipping label, but the difference will come out of your total sells once cleared. As a buyer, you are purchase protected, so if a seller does not ship the item within seven days, the order is canceled and you are refunded. 

I think everyone should give this a try, whether as a buyer or seller. I've done both and have been happy with my experience! My final words on this post is to: Keep Calm and Posh On!!! 

Until next time, have a wonderful, blessed rest of the week!!

Johannah W.

No comments:

Post a Comment