Influenster

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Golden Tote Review: May 2014

 
 
I have once again found a new way to shop! I went out on a limb, because you cannot always find what you need online. The way Golden Tote works is the creators offer customers an adorable tote filled with a few items of clothing at up to 80% off of the original retail price. At this time, Golden Tote come in two purchase options, the $49 tote which offers two to three items, or the $149 tote which offers five to seven items. In the $49 tote, you get to pick the first item, and you are surprised with either one or two additional items. In the $149 tote, you get to pick two items, and you are surprised with either three to four additional items. I am reviewing the $49 tote I purchased for the month of May 2014.
 
1. This is the cute tote the items came in. I received the item I chose, and one additional surprise item. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping to receive a three item bag. Hopefully I will for June 2014. The bag is extremely cute and sturdy. It's cream colored with gold lettering, which goes with the entire Golden Tote name. I love the tote and it does come in handy for those who are eco-friendly. I can use this bag and any other additional totes to start carrying my small groceries in, so that I can skip plastic bags! I love it!


 
2. So, I chose the beaded skater skirt! What I like about the item you chose, is that Golden Tote gives you a suggested  way to style the outfit. So, after this picture, I will show you how I planned to style the outfit, as I had not yet found a place to debut this look!
 
3. This is how I chose to style my beaded skater skirt. I just love the color patterns in this skirt. I am a person who really enjoys colors, and I have a lot of color in my clothing arsenal. I believe fashion is a way of expressing yourself, and expressing yourself is a form of art. I chose to style this outfit with a plain white t-shirt, to keep it sort of casual since the skirt has so much color. Next, are the shoes, which are white with studded crosses. I love these shoes. I purchased these shoes from ShoeDazzle a little while back. What you can't see on these shoes are the heel, which are silver. I went with simple jewelry. White heart earrings, a gold necklace with a rhinestone shoe, and a gold bracelet with a rhinestone shoe. The necklace and bracelet were also purchased from ShoeDazzle. I love this outfit pairing!
 
 4. This top was my surprise piece. I was able to wear this piece out to dinner while vacationing with my family at the Pechanga RV Resort in Temecula, CA. I recently read a review about Golden Tote and saw someone had received this same piece, and it was described as a dress. Because I am so tall, this hit well above my knees, almost mid-thigh, so this is a tunic for me. I paired this with some denim joggers purchased from ASOS and a necklace and earring set purchased from www.freejewelry.com. I loved this dress/tunic. It was super soft and comfortable.
 
Overall thoughts:
 
My overall thoughts of Golden Tote is that this is an amazing company. The creators also design some of the items, which the above dress/tunic, was one of their creations. The downside is that the sizes only go up to a 12/14. I actually wear a larger size than this and I was pleasantly surprised that both pieces fit me perfectly without me wearing foundation undergarments (i.e., spanks, waist cinchers, etc.). So it is either one of two things, the items sizes run a little bigger than tagged, or I have been losing a little bit of weight. Or it can totally be the measurements and the way the garments are cut. I'm going to chalk it up to me losing a little weight. Either way, I love what Golden Tote is doing, and what they have to offer. If you are interested in learning more or signing up, here is the link:  https://www.goldentote.com/points/invitation/new/from/MzAwODY,/
 
Until next time my loves, happy shopping!!
 
Johannah W.

No comments:

Post a Comment