Influenster

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Naptural Hair Arsenal: Road to becoming a Hair Product Junkie

I never thought I'd become a hair product junkie or an HPJ for short! But alas, I am! I have read a number of natural hair care blogs and have seen a good chunk of YouTube natural hair mavens and truth be told, as a Naptural, one may have to try a plethora of products before finding a combination that may work!

What's in my arsenal? Have a look for yourself:


Brushes and combs! A spray bottle for water! Gel! Jam! Grease! African Shea butter! Cantu Shea butter leave in! A leave in by Garnier Fructis! Oil sheen! There are a few more products I would love to add to my arsenal but my local beauty supply store I frequent does not carry what I want, such as, pure castor oil, vegetable glycerin, and pure coconut oil! 

One thing I have noticed as a Naptural is the number of other women who have joined the force, for whatever reason! Mine! I had a rather large section of my hair break off and I couldn't cover it up anymore! I didn't want braids or a weave. I just wanted it gone and I never looked back! My only regret, not doing it sooner! 

Another thing, my local beauty supply store (oh, just one of a few but I frequent this shop) gave me some samples for my hair! She told me, "I seen that you went natural! I have some samples I'm going to put in your bag for you!" That made me smile! Those extra things made my day!!

So to all my naturals (straight naturals, curly naturals, kinky naturals, coily naturals, and transitioning):


Peace, Love, and Naptural Baby!!!

Johannah

No comments:

Post a Comment