Influenster

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Natural Hair Journey


I have now been on my natural hair journey for just over a year! Many call this change a Naptural hair journey! 

Either way you call it, coin it, or term it, I have vowed to never return to relaxers! I have not even had my hair pressed and/or curled! I am almost ready to see how long it is but I have enjoyed ever step of the journey, from the teeny weeny Afro or TWA to the hard to tame naps to my now almost understood hair! 

I have learned quite a bit so far! The one thing I have learned over the course of this journey is that I had to learn my texture or textures as other professional naturals explain! I also learned, YouTube is my friend, water is the best moisturizer, and leave in conditioner is a must! I learned to always wear my satin bonnet to bed and to always use a wide toothed comb to detangle! 

There are so many wonderful, beautiful naturals out there, most of whom I have followed on Instagram, Facebook, and of course YouTube! I've mastered my Afro, my medium top fade, the faux fro hawk, the medium fro hawk, and now, I am giving the two strand twist Bantu knot out a try! 

This is how I set my hair to prepare for my knot out the following morning!

I used a spray bottle of water, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shibe leave in conditioning cream, and Softer Mango Butter. 

And this is how it came out this morning:

I have to say, I have a lot of work and more learning to do, but I'm happy to admit that I am a work in progress!!

Always as forever,

Johannah

No comments:

Post a Comment